Thursday, August 21, 2014

Etude House Play 101 Pencils Review (Part II)

I've been using the Etude House's Play 101 Pencils for about a month now, and I love how fun and convenient they can be! One pencil for my eyeliner, eyeshadow, blusher & lipstick! Plus, the wide variety of colors just makes it even more enticing!

Here are the colors I've received from Etude House last month.

Here's a general breakdown of how I use the colors (L-R):
#28 (Pearly beige-pink) - Eyeshadow / Eyeliner
#26 (Pinkish-Coral)  - Blusher / Lipstick
#20 (Hot Pink) - Blusher / Lipstick
#15 (Coral) - Blusher / Lipstick
#50 (Matte Brown) - Eyeliner / Eyeshadow


A simple look I've done up for the day. If you have been following me closely, I often do everyday make-up looks. I don't fancy putting on too much make-up unless it's for an occasion!

I have to draw my eyeliner slightly thicker because of my hidden double eyelids, than just lining the upper lashline. If you have lovely double eyelids (I envy you!), a simple line alone the lashline will suffice!

Next, draw lines on your cheeks, along the area where you usually brush your blush. I find that I had to go back and forth and draw a few more lines for the color to stand out. My favourite blush color to use is #20! The color is absolutely lovely and stands out a lot more. #26 works beautifully too, but I need a lot more lines as it's a neutral pink, but it has shimmers in it too, if you prefer that. 


And lastly, I'd complete the look by wearing #26 on my lips. It's my favourite color to use for the lips because it's such a lovely sweet pink! I'd first wear a layer of lip essence (I use the Ettusais Lip Essence), before drawing on my lip color. The pencil glides on very smoothly and makes putting on my lip color easy. 


 Besides the Etude House Play 101 Pencils, I have the new Olay CC Cream (which I will review in another blog post), and a light dab of compact powder on me. Eyebrows have also been lightly filled in with my trusty Ettusais Eye Pencil, which I've just newly repurchased in Tokyo. One pencil lasts me forever, my holy grail product! :)

Here are close-up shots of my eyes & lips: 




The Etude House Play 101 Pencil retails for $12 at all Etude House stores.
It's truly one of my handy products I'll use for a long time to come. 

Thank you always, Etude House! <3


x

No comments:

Post a Comment